Important Student Resources
- Access your classes via Moodle
- Distance Education Lab in Conference Center
- Locke Library
- The Writing Center
- The Academic Learning Center
- CARES Act and Financial Assistance
Status of A-B Tech Operations
Until further notice, most A-B Tech classes, services and operations have transitioned online. The health and safety of our students, employees and visitors remains our top priority. As we navigate the rapidly evolving coronavirus situation, please refer to this web page for the most up-to-date information about the college. Fall Semester Registration is currently underway for classes that begin August 24.
We also ask that anyone who has a fever or other symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or who may have been exposed to people who have COVID-19, please refrain from coming to any A-B Tech locations. If your questions or needs are not addressed below, please call us at 828-398-7900 or email email@example.com.
Sign-up for Emergency Text Alerts
Stay informed - sign up for student text alerts.
To register, go to WebAdvisor, choose Update My Contact Information, check the box for text alerts, and enter your phone number and carrier. It takes less than a minute.
CARES Act and Financial Assistance
A-B Tech has received CARES Act funds from the federal government to be distributed to students for financial assistance. A-B Tech will issue an award of $880 to FAFSA-eligible students enrolled as of March 9, 2020 in an eligible program. This award is meant to assist these students with expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus, such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and child-care expenses.
The full details of this award are available in the eligible student’s Financial Aid Self-Service account.
- Be a US citizen or eligible noncitizen, such as having a green card;
- Have been registered for curriculum (for college credit) spring 2020 classes by March 9;
- Set up a refund preference for how to receive funds from A-B Tech. If you have already done this, you do not need to repeat this step.
- College Statements on Coronavirus
- Student Services (Bailey Student Services Center)
- Curriculum/High School Dual Enrollment Students
- Continuing Education and Workforce Development
- Small Business Center at A-B Tech Enka
- Transitional Studies/Adult Education
- Other College Services
- Helpful Resources
- Employee Resources
Student Services (Bailey Student Services Center)
Student Services are available online to both current and prospective students in the following capacities:
Advising: College Entry, Transfer and AGE:
The Distance Education Lab is available to students who need assistance with computer-related course issues, as well as, Fall or Summer admissions applications, RDS, or FAFSAs. The Distance Education Lab is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and in the Conference Center.
Group Tours: (canceled through May)
Curriculum/High School Dual Enrollment Students
Check Moodle for status of your individual classes
Our Commencement ceremony scheduled for May 9 was canceled due to the prohibitions on gatherings of more than 10 people. We hope to reschedule this important celebration of student success as more information becomes available.
Continuing Education and Workforce Development
- The A-B Tech Barber Academy will resume instruction on August 10. For more information, please contact Joseph Kaufmann, or leave a message a 828-398 7609.
Community Enrichment classes (Art, Creative Writing, Financial Wellness, Food & Beverage, Home & Garden, Languages, Defensive Driving, Motorcycle Safety, Music & Dance, Recreation) will resume this fall. See the Fall Continuing Education Schedule for information and to register. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Great news! Online Classes through A-B Tech Ed2Go are in full session. Explore over 180 programs in the area of Occupational Training and Community Enrichment. New classes start every month. Register online. These online classes are affordable and start at $75. They offer 24-hour access in a 6 week format. Classes include activities, discussion boards, and are mobile accessible. Upon successful completion of the courses students receive a certification of completion.
- Customized Training and Advanced Manufacturing Center: The Customized Training Program will follow the wishes and directives of industry clients, trainees, and instructors. Our staff is in constant contact with all parties, and cancellations and postponements will occur on a case-by-case basis and all parties will be notified individually. Industry training that is supposed to occur at the Advanced Manufacturing Center will occur on a case-by-case basis. For specific questions or information, contact Kevin Kimrey at email@example.com or 828-620-1955.
Due to the Pandemic COVID-19 situation, all of the Health Occupations courses are suspended until further notice. These courses are Certified Nurse Aide, Clinical Massage, and Ophthalmic Assistant. The nature of the curriculum and requirements per regulatory agencies demand a face-to-face laboratory practice or clinical rotations. We are working on some online components to keep information fresh. We will be reaching out to our students with more information as it becomes available. Until then please check our department website https://www.abtech.edu/workforce-programs/health-occupations for the individual courses and current updates. You may also email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828-398-7878 and leave a message. You will receive a call back in a timely manner.
- Public Safety programs: Public safety classes are being offered as needed by local agencies. Please visit the Emergency Services page for more information.
- Law Enforcement
- Fire Protection
- Workforce Programs: For questions about our other Workforce Programs, including Job Preparedness, Occupational and Skilled Trades, Classroom Based Computer classes and Business and Hospitality classes, please email us directly at email@example.com.
As a part of A-B Tech, the BioNetwork Natural Products Laboratory, Test Kitchen, and instructional support staff will follow the college’s guidelines in response to the coronavirus and COVID-19 pandemic. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accept new samples or new lab rental clients during this time. There will be no face-to-face instruction until otherwise noted. Please contact us directly with any questions. Thank you for understanding. BioNetwork website
Small Business Center at A-B Tech Enka
The Small Business Center continues to operate remotely. Video and telephone counseling sessions are available and seminars will be delivered online. New webinars continue to be added to help small business owners and more information can be found on the Small Business Center website, or contact via email SBCIncubator@abtech.edu. Additional information for our clients.
Transitional Studies/Adult Education
- All Transitional Studies classes for Adult Basic Education (ABE) Foundations, English Language Acquisition (ELA/ESL), Adult High School (AHS), and High School Equivalency (HSE) Preparation have transitioned to virtual instruction formats using Zoom, Essential Ed, and Burlington English until such time as face-to-face instruction can resume. Current, continuing students who have not yet been able to connect with their instructors virtually, should call 828-398-7433 and leave a message. They’ll receive a return call within 24 hours. Note that it may show on caller ID as coming from a restricted number.
- New student enrollment is discontinued until further notice.
- Pearson Vue GED® Testing is closed through the end of April. Testing hours and schedules will be accurately reflected in students’ www.ged.com accounts.
Other College Services
- A-B Tech Police: Fully operational. 828-398-7125
Academic Learning Center: Students may call or email the ALC, though they are strongly encouraged to utilize email. All responses will be conducted via email. Tutoring will occur through synchronous sessions with current ALC staff via Zoom. Thinkingstorm, the College’s online tutoring platform is linked in Moodle for all students. We are purchasing additional hours.
Bookstore: The Bookstore will reopen August 17. The bookstore is closed to the public; however, online orders will continue to be processed. Students are encouraged to visit our website to order books and supplies. Any questions can be submitted through the “contact us” link on our website.
- Business Office: The office is closed to the public; however, payment may be made online with self-service. For student questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- College Advancement: Call 828-398-7176 or email email@example.com.
- See Advancement Coronavirus Response
- Coman Gym/Intramurals: Suspended until further notice
- Computer Labs: Pursuant to the current Buncombe County “Stay Home, Stay Safe” declaration, A-B Tech computer labs are currently closed. We will update the website as soon as we are able to re-open.
- Desktop Team is also in the event center from 1:00PM-3:00PM on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. They are here to help faculty/staff with technical or software issues, install software, issue a college laptop to faculty/staff who don't have a computer at home. Please put in a IT trackit request for these request and they will contact you.
- The Distance Education Lab is available to students who need assistance with computer-related course issues, as well as, Fall or Summer admissions applications, RDS, or FAFSAs. The Distance Education Lab is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and in the Conference Center.
- A-B Tech and other locations also have free "hot spots" where you may access WiFi from your vehicles.
- Health Clinic: Closed until further notice
- Human Resources: Call 828-398-7114 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See Human Resources Coronavirus Response: Employee Guidance
- Locke Library: Library support will be carried out from home by the three full-time librarians (which includes the director). The librarians will be available from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday to answer questions from students via email, chat or Zoom or to conduct instruction sessions via Zoom. The library research service Chatstaff will take over reference assistance at 5:00 pm each day and be available on weekends to assist students with research. Go to the Locke Library webpage for additional information.
- Plant Operations and Facilities Support: Fully operational - Key employees listing
- Shipping and Receiving: email@example.com
- Campus Events and Scheduling: For more information, please contact us at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-398-7901
- Please note that no events can be held during the current COVID-19 crisis due to Declarations by the State of NC and Buncombe County concerning gatherings of 10 or more people
- Print Shop: Open via electronic services. Contact us at 828-398-7158.
- Volunteers: Suspended until further notice
- The Writing Center: Students may call or email the Writing Center, though they are strongly encouraged to utilize email. All responses will be conducted via email. All tutoring will remain virtual, being conducted online or remotely via video chat. All student inquiries will receive a response via email. The coordinator will work remotely. Administrative assistants will work from home to check voicemails, respond to student inquiries, and maintain recordkeeping. Go to The Writing Center webpage for additional information.
A-B Tech Locations
- A-B Tech South will continue operations remotely. Individuals seeking information or assistance should call 828-772-5158 or email email@example.com.
- A-B Tech Madison will continue operations remotely. Individuals seeking information or assistance should email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, or call 828-398-7700. The NC Works Career Center at Madison is also operating remotely. Please contact the Center by calling 828-772-0864 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.