A-B Tech is open and our goal is to reassure you that the well-being of our students, faculty, and staff is our top priority. To make this a reality, we need you to become our partner in the following efforts to Keep A-B Tech Healthy and Safe.
Our buildings receive a thorough cleaning every day. In addition, faculty and staff have received training in how to prevent the spread of coronavirus and other infectious diseases.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, have been exposed to COVID-19, or are experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms, you are required to report it here and do not come to campus. A member of our COVID-19 Notification Team will contact you directly with further instructions.
What Students Can Expect Upon Return to A-B Tech
In order to participate in face-to-face classes and receive academic and student support services, students must comply with the following guidelines:
- Masks are optional.
- Complete a self-assessment by reviewing the COVID-19 symptoms listed on the Keep A-B Tech Healthy and Safe signage at the entrance of each building.
- After the self-assessment, if you have symptoms, do not enter the building. Call or email your instructor for the next steps.
- Handwashing is advised upon entry to buildings, and frequently thereafter (soap and water are considered primary hand-washing practices). Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available (sanitizer stations will be filled, but sanitizer is not considered a replacement for soap and water).
- Physical distancing is encouraged to the extent possible in accordance with local and state guidelines.
- Some programs may require safety protocols that exceed the general expectations and requirements listed above. Each class syllabus will address individual class requirements.
- Students who require variances to this guidance will be referred to Student Support Services using normal accommodation processes.
- Students who refuse to comply with these expectations are subject to the Code of Student Conduct and may be dismissed from classes or other A-B Tech locations and referred to Student Services.
Students Who Are Sick or Diagnosed with COVID-19
- It is imperative that students monitor their health and avoid coming to campus and seek medical attention if sick.
- Students who become sick while on campus should leave promptly and seek medical attention.
- If diagnosed with COVID-19, students must immediately notify the college by completing the COVID-19 Self-Reporting Form.
As our knowledge of the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, college expectations and requirements will be revised based on state and local guidance. Notice of changes to this guidance will be sent via email to student accounts and posted on the A-B Tech website under Coronavirus Response.
The college also is preparing backup plans in the event the pandemic requires a return to online instruction. Those plans will be communicated by Instructional Services.