A-B Tech Works Scholarship Program
If you or a member of your household have experienced a job loss or reduced income as a result of COVID-19, the A-B Tech Works Scholarship may be your pathway to returning to college for a new career.
Scholarships will be awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis and will be awarded only after applicants apply and register at A-B Tech and submit the scholarship application and unemployment verification. These scholarship funds were made available to A-B Tech and other colleges by Congress under Section 18004(a)(2) of the Education Stabilization Fund of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (“CARES”) Act.
- The A-B Tech Works Scholarship is intended for current, returning or new Fall Semester curriculum students (may have taken high school dual enrolled/Career and College Promise or Continuing Education courses in the past).
- Applicants or a member of your household must have had a job loss or wage loss due to COVID-19.
- Applicants may be enrolled as full-time or part-time students.
Steps to Apply
- Complete your FAFSA at Federal Student Aid
- Apply to A-B Tech, select your academic program on the admissions application, be advised, and register for your curriculum classes at Become an A-B Tech Student. You must register for classes before submitting the scholarship application.
- Complete the web scholarship application form below, print out, and submit the form via e-mail to FinancialAidOffice@abtech.edu. Students are encouraged to e-mail the scholarship application form to Financial Aid due to COVID guidelines.
- You must submit unemployment verification along with your application. Visit the Employment Security Commission website and download or print your Statement of Benefits to submit with your scholarship application.
For questions about the A-B Tech Works scholarship application and submission process, please contact:
- Financial Aid Office at FinancialAidOffice@abtech.edu
For questions about applying to A-B Tech and registering for classes, please contact:
- Admissions Office at email@example.com