CENTRAL STERILE PROCESSING CLASSES AND REGISTRATION HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED
CHECK THIS WEBSITE FOR FURTHER UPDATES
The Central Sterile Processing course consists of 180 hours. The course meets on both Wednesdays and Thursdays. Students who successfully complete the course will be eligible to take the SPD (Sterile Processing and Distribution) Technician Exam administered by the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution, Inc.
Registration is in person in Room 308.1 at the Ferguson Center for Allied Health and Workforce Development. You will need to bring the following in order to register:
- Demonstration of college level reading proficiency by passing the formerly called the Accuplacer. Study guides can be located on the A-B Tech website at Prepare for Placement Testing (scores are good for five years). Placement test scheduling and testing occurs in the Simpson building.
- Your high school diploma or GED.
- Government issued, signature bearing, non-expired, photo identification.
- Copies of all of the following immunizations
- TB skin test or T-spot with a negative result (good for one year)
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine series (2 shots) or positive blood titer result
- Varicella vaccine series (2 shots) or positive blood titer result
- Influenza vaccine (quad) for current year (available in egg-free and preservative-free)
- Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) or Td (tetanus, diphtheria) vaccine in last ten years
- Hepatitis B vaccine series x 3, positive blood titer result, or signed declination
Immunizations and/or titer costs vary depending on your history. Vaccine records can usually be obtained from your pediatrician, health department where you received them, or the education board where you attended high school.
You will also be required to provide the following no later than the first day of class:
- Background check and drug screening (Information will be given at the Information Session on August 22, 2019)
- Proof of completion of the Moodle Orientation Course (after you have been provided access)
If you have any questions before the information session, call (828) 398-7878. We look forward to meeting you and guiding you in your quest to further your education and expand your health care career opportunities!