Effective Summer 2022, section designators changed.
Every curriculum (for credit) course at A-B Tech includes section designators, which indicate where, how, and when the class is taught.
The meaning of each course section designator is listed below.
New 2022SU Section Designators
Location/Delivery/Time Identifiers (Where and How the Class Is Taught)
- E — A-B Tech Enka
- R — A-B Tech Madison
- W — A-B Tech Woodfin
- X — Off-campus location (hospital, clinical, etc.)
- C — Co-requisite section for MAT or ENG gateway courses
- OA — Online Asynchronous (students and instructor do not meet online at the same time)
- OS — Online Synchronous (students and instructor meet online at the same time)
- SA — Seated Asynchronous (student may attend in person or access class online at their convenience)
- SS — Seated Synchronous (student may attend in person or access class online at a designated time)
- H — Hybrid (51-99% online)
- B — Blended (50% or less online)
- Z — Hy-Flex Option
- I — Independent Study
- T — Dental Assisting
- Y — Dental Hygiene
- F — Friday Only
- Q — Cross-listed between two locations (formerly ITV)
- L — Late-Start (14-week or 15-week class)
- M — Minimester (eight-week class)
A-B Tech Asheville Campus (on Victoria Rd.) does not have a Location identifier. All other Locations have a Location Identifier (E, R, W, X).
Sections no longer have a time identifier. Night sections generally start around 6:00 p.m.
Traditional seated (face-to-face) classes do not have a delivery method Identifier. All other delivery methods will use an identifier (OA, OS, H, B)
Need More Help?
For additional help finding or understanding course information, view our step-by-step Self-Service tutorial, call (828) 398-7900, email email@example.com, or visit the Bailey Student Services Building.