Effective Fall 2020, section designators changed. Effective 2021SP, there is a change to the Online section designators.
Every curriculum (for credit) course at A-B Tech includes section designators, which indicate where, how, and when the class is taught.
The meaning of each course section designator is listed below.
New 2020FA Section Designators
Location/Delivery/Time Identifiers (Where and How the Class Is Taught)
- E — A-B Tech Enka
- R — A-B Tech Madison
- S — A-B Tech South (Arden)
- W — A-B Tech Woodfin
- X — Off-campus location (hospital, clinical, etc.)
- C — Co-requisite section for MAT or ENG gateway courses
- O — Fully Online (2020FA)
- OA - Online Asynchronous (students and instructor do not meet online at the same time)
- OT - Online Synchronous (students and instructor meet online at the same time)
- H — Hybrid (51-99% online)
- B — Blended (50% or less online)
- Z — ITV (live video broadcast from one A-B Tech site to another)
- L — Late-Start (14-week or 15-week class)
- M — Minimester (eight-week class)
A-B Tech Main Campus (on Victoria Rd.) does not have a Location identifier. All other Locations have a Location Identifier (E, R, S, W, X).
Sections no longer have a time identifier. Night sections generally start around 6:00 pm.
Traditional seated (face-to-face) classes do not have a delivery method Identifier. All other delivery methods will use an identifier (O, OA, OT, H, B)
O will be used for Online sections in 2020FA. Beginning 2021SP, OA or OT will be used for Online sections, indicating whether the section is Asynchronous (OA) or Synchronous (OT).
Need More Help?
For additional help finding or understanding course information, view our step-by-step Self-Service tutorial, call (828) 398-7900, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Bailey Student Services Building.