The Career and College Promise Program offers structured opportunities for qualified high school juniors and seniors to accelerate completion of college certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees that lead to college transfer or provide entry-level job skills. Academic credits earned through Career and College Promise shall enable students who continue into postsecondary education, after graduating from high school, to complete a postsecondary credential in less time than would normally be required. A-B Tech offers three types of Career and College Promise programs: College Transfer Pathways, Career Technical Education Pathways, and the Cooperative Innovative High School Programs.
- College Transfer Pathways can lead to the completion of at least thirty semester hours of transfer courses, including English and mathematics, for qualified junior and senior high school students. These courses transfer to all 16 campuses of the University of North Carolina system, as well as many private colleges in the state.
- Career Technical Education Pathways lead to a certificate or diploma aligned with a high school Career Cluster.
- Cooperative Innovative High Schools, also known as early colleges, allow rising ninth graders the opportunity to earn their high school diplomas and two years of college credit within five years.
College classes are:
- Face-To-Face on an A-B Tech Campus or Online
- Possibly earn honors or AP level credit
- Jump-start your education by earning credit towards a college and high school degree simultaneously
- Start training for your future career now!
A-B Tech's Career & College Promise (CCP) Program allows eligible high school students to enroll in college classes tuition free*. Students who successfully complete college courses can use that credit towards further study at A-B Tech or, in many cases, can transfer credits to a four-year college or university of their choice. With permission from the high school, students may also meet some high school graduation requirements by taking college courses. A-B Tech's Career & College Promise program offers high school students the opportunity to make the most of their high school experience and pursue educational and career goals of their choice through three opportunities:
College Transfer Pathways
Designed for students planning to continue their educational career beyond high school to eventually achieve an Associate's or Bachelor's degree at a community college or university.
Allows students to begin a certification or diploma program in a particular technical field or career area.
Cooperative-Innovative High Schools
A unique high school experience, allowing for dual enrollment throughout the high school experience. Cooperative innovative schools are founded on the premise of rigor of academic programming, the relevance of the curriculum for real-world and global applications, and fostering strong relationships with faculty, staff, and peers.
Why wait? Fill out an application below to start your Career and College Promise experience now or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to set up an advising appointment.
- 2019-2020 Application: CCP Application for Fall 2019, Spring 2020, and Summer 2020
- 2020-2021 Application: CCP Application for Fall 2020, Spring 2021, and Summer 2021
- General CCP Information: Information Session Powerpoint
*Students do not pay tuition, but students in the College Transfer Pathways and Career-Technical Education Pathways are responsible for buying college textbooks and paying any student fees that are associated with college courses. Some classes are only available online.