Dr. Joseph Fox, of Fox Management and former A-B Tech employee, partnered with the A-B Tech Small Business Center to create the Hazel Fox Business Plan Competition for Nonmajority Entrepreneurs. This competition was established to honor Dr. Fox's late mother, Hazel Fox, and targets Nonmajority Entrepreneurs based on race and/or ethnicity.
The following seven finalists will present their plans virtually at noon, Friday, Dec. 3 for a $2,000 prize in the startup business and existing business categories.
- Toshia Sitton – WNC Cleaning Service
- Marcus Kirkman – Momentum Coaching and Consulting
- Lakievia Johnson – S.T.E.P.S. Academic Advising and Education (Strategically Tailored Educational Planning and Services) – www.stepsacademicadvising.com
- Shaina Simpson – Clean to Cuisine Cleaning and Catering Services
- Calop Thomason – See No Boundaries Creative Group
- Sala Menaya-Merritt – It’s Amira M, LLC - https://www.facebook.com/itsamiram/
- Ramona Young – Kente Kitchen, LLC – www.thekentekitchen.com
Register in advance for the presentation at https://abtech.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIpd-6upz0oG9P8gJEUxDJLAnV-UhIjXEbL
For more information, visit https://www.sparktanknc.org/opportunities. Contact Duane Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.