Documentation Requirements

In postsecondary education, it is the responsibility of the student to identify Support Services should he/she/they need any kind of accommodation. Documentation is helpful in identifying barriers experienced by the student.

Acceptable documentation of disability includes:

  • medical reports
  • physician's statements
  • psychological evaluations
  • psycho-educational evaluations

If a statement from a provider, the following criteria are required:

  • letterhead
  • provider credentials
  • provider signature
  • dated
  • diagnosis and/or impact to the individual

This list is not meant to be totally exclusive but establishes the tone of accepted documentation.


High School/Dually Enrolled Students

There are differences between high school and college accommodations. If you are a high school dual enrolled, middle college, or early college student, then you have to request accommodations through Support Services for your college classes. Please see the Differences Between High School and College Accommodations handout to compare the differences.

It is illegal for an institution to inquire about disability prior to admission.