Everyone needs help from time to time. A-B Tech wants to ensure students have easy access to resources. Use the links listed below to find help with food, housing, mental health, and more.
- Aunt Bertha--Local and national resource search engine. No personal information required.
- NCCARE360--Local/statewide resource referral platform.
- NC211--Information and referral service sponsored by United Way. Individuals can also call 2-1-1 for 24/7 assistance.
- NC Serves--Assistance for Veterans, service members, and their families.
- Community Action Opportunities-Employment and Case Management.
- Buncombe County Housing Assistance (Pandemic related)-Buncombe County residents
Trailblazer Assistance Network (TAN)--Offers help for personal, professional, or school concerns by providing free, confidential, short-term counseling and personal consultation. Additionally, it provides student-life resources for such issues as legal and financial consultation, online learning, and resources.
Confidentiality is one of the most important features of TAN. No one will know that you have used this resource unless you offer that information or unless someone’s safety is threatened.
There is no cost to you for your phone calls or virtual, telephonic, or face-to-face visits with the TAN. A-B Tech covers all expenses for this program.
To seek assistance through TAN, simply call (704) 529-1428 or (800) 633-3353 and it's available 24/7. Services available through McLaughlin Young Group. This is an additional resource for on-campus counseling.
There is also a portal to access free consultation for legal and financial services, as well as articles and databases for other resources.
Click on My Portal Login on MYgroup. Then click on Work-Life.
- Username: abtechtan
- Password: Guest
If you have any questions about any of these resources, please contact Support Services.