2023 Trips Abroad
Spain: Spanish language and cultural immersion in Salamanca
This trip is intended for: Students and community members
- Tentative travel dates: June 2023
- Application deadline: January 2023
- Trip summary: Spend one month in Spain with A-B Tech faculty studying Spanish at the Don Quixote school housed in a renovated 16th-century monastery, surrounded by cafes and restaurants and located in the heart of the university district.
- Costs: $5200
- Program fee includes: 20 hours/week of immersive Spanish classes. Homestay with a family, 2 meals per day, cultural activities, international airfare, travel insurance, in-country transportation, and program fee.
- What isn’t included: Checked luggage, extra money for personal and incidental expenses
- Courses/s: SPA-111, SPA-112, SPA-211, SPA-212, Continuing Education course How to apply: Contact Kristen Schlaefer firstname.lastname@example.org or call (828) 398-7855
Experience Salamanca with Don Quijote Schools
A-B Tech’s Student Government Association awards two (2) scholarships in the amount of $500 per academic year for Study Abroad programs offered at A-B Tech. To be eligible for consideration, applicants must be currently enrolled and in good standing at A-B Tech; have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours at A-B Tech; have a GPA of 3.0 or better; be enrolled in or registered for a class or classes associated with the study abroad trip. For more information, please email email@example.com.
Important Scholarship Information
Students interested should consider applying for the Benjamin A. Gilman scholarship. The Gilman Scholarship Program aims to diversify the kinds of students who study and intern abroad and the countries and regions where they go by offering awards to U.S. undergraduates who might otherwise not participate due to financial constraints. It aims to support students who have been traditionally under-represented in education abroad, including but not limited to, students with high financial need, community college students, students in underrepresented fields such as the sciences and engineering, students with diverse ethnic backgrounds, and students with disabilities. The program is open to U.S. citizen undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grant funding at a two-year or four-year college or university to participate in study abroad programs. Details about the scholarship can be found at this link: Gilman Scholarship Info. Assistance applying for this award will be provided to those who qualify for the award. Apply now!
For more information
For any of these trips contact Global Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A-B Tech reserves the right to cancel or alter the program format or to change costs in case of conditions beyond its control.
Costs may increase if students enroll after the application deadline, due to international airfare costs.
Dates may change by a few days, according to airfare and program needs.
Want to help fund student travel abroad? Write a check payable to A-B Tech’s Foundation, noting it is for the Study Abroad Program. It is a tax-deductible donation.
How to participate:
- Participants must be current A-B Tech students to register for the course aligned with the trip. To become a student at A-B Tech, go to the A-B Tech website and apply! The course can be taken for curriculum credit or audited (no grade).
- A non-refundable deposit must be made using the proper forms through each Trip Leader. The balance can be made in monthly payments. The amounts depend on each trip cost and departure date. Contact the Trip Leader for specific payment information.
- Pre-departure meetings will be scheduled and participants are required to attend at least one.
- Forms: Before departure, students must sign the Study Abroad Program Release Form, thereby agreeing to abide by the Code of Student Conduct and waiving all claims against A-B Tech for injury or loss sustained during the Study Abroad Program. An Emergency Contact form will also be required of all participants, and the Trip Leader will collect forms a month before departure. Participants will also be required to have health and accident insurance valid in and outside of the United States during the entire period of participation. (All Summer 2016 trips have included this insurance in their total program cost.) Download the Study Abroad Application.