Be Our Guest
Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College welcomes students at other institutions or those interested in taking a course for personal enrichment to be our guests. Because of our top-notch faculty and staff, beautiful facilities, online courses, flexible scheduling, and comprehensive academic and student support, you may just find a reason to stay and complete a degree, diploma, or certificate with us.
If you are enrolled somewhere else, there is no better place than A-B Tech to pick up a few transferable credits at a low cost through online, hybrid, or regular courses.
Here are the basic steps you need to take:
- Check with your own college or university first to learn the necessary credit transfer process and find out which credits will be accepted.
- Review our course offerings and all prerequisite/placement test requirements.
- Complete our application process: Admissions Overview.
- Obtain a copy of your college transcript only if you are requesting prerequisite or testing waivers (Please bring the transcript(s) with you when you come to meet with an advisor in the Bailey Student Services Building).
- Convenient distance advising and registration services are also available – please contact email@example.com for a referral to these services.
- Register for your desired course.
- Ask for a copy of your A-B Tech transcript to be sent to your home college/university upon completion of the course. Transcript ordering instructions.
Extra Credits for Less: Whether you want to catch up or jump ahead in credits, turn to A-B Tech for affordable, high-quality coursework that puts you one step closer to your future.