Plan before you apply
- Complete the A-B Tech admissions process.
- Obtain an A-B Tech Username and Student ID#.
- Enroll in a curriculum program at least six (6) minimum credit hours.
- Have and/or maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA or higher.
Improve your chances for A-B Tech scholarships.
Start working on these pieces right away - especially your essay. When you begin your scholarship application you'll have everything you need!
- Two (2) references are required.
- References can be teachers, faculty, staff, mentors, coaches, employers, etc. (References will not be accepted from family members or friends.)
- The application system will send an automated email to your references. (Make sure you have the correct email address for your references.)
- You may want to let your references know beforehand to expect a request.
(All applicants are required to complete the question in the system.)
What are your long-term career goals? (200-word minimum – [Two paragraphs]).
- It is recommended that you write the answer in a Microsoft Word document first.
- Begin this paragraph with a topic sentence that explains why you are choosing your particular field of study or career path.
- Use this paragraph to tell the scholarship committee about your journey or story. They want to know about the events that have inspired you toward your field of study or career path.
- What has inspired you? Detail the events that are leading you to where you want to go.
- Offer specific examples to support your reasons.
- Use your senses to visualize where you will be in five years. (For example: Where will you be working, etc.)
- Use the spell-check tool and check your answer for errors.
- If possible let someone read your answers before submitting the application.
- Also, visit The Carolyn Lisa Johnson Writing Center for additional assistance.