Complete the Correct FAFSA Application
Depending upon when you want to attend A-B Tech, visit our helpful FAFSA reference page to determine which FAFSA to complete.
May 15th: PRIORITY DEADLINE Students who have received an Award Letter (Financial Aid Offer) for the summer semester by this date will have their classes held, pending spring term Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (FASAP) calculations. Review your Self-Service account for details. To increase the likelihood of this occurring, you are urged to submit all requested Verification documents to the Financial Aid Office on or before May 1st for processing.
May 21st: Deadline to submit FAFSA application and any requested Verification documents for the summer semester.
Financial Aid Disbursement
- Occurs on June 10th.
- If the 10th of the month is on a weekend, the scheduled disbursement will occur the prior Friday.
- Occurs June 10th*
* As long as you are currently participating in and/or have completed 6 in-program credits.
Bookstore Purchases with Financial Aid
- Approximately one week before full-term classes begins through the first week of the term.
- Please visit the A-B Tech Bookstore page for details on when you can make purchases with financial aid.
- May 21st: Deadline to complete all loan requirements.
Financial Aid Availability
After registering for classes, if you don't see a summer award in Self-Service by May 1st, please email us at email@example.com for an update on the status of your financial aid.
Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (FASAP)
- To receive financial aid for summer, you must be meeting FASAP.
- Your progress will be determined by May 15th. Log in to your Self-Service account to check your status.
- If you are not meeting FASAP, please do not begin your summer classes unless you are paying cash.
Appeals completed by noon on Friday will be reviewed by end of business on Tuesday.
In order to submit an Appeal, you must have a current year FAFSA application on file with the college, and provide any requested Verification documents to the Financial Aid Office before, or at the time of, Appeal submission.
April 1st – May 1st: If you are currently suspended, you may submit a FASAP Appeal Request for the summer semester during this timeframe.
Appeals for the summer semester will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Before doing so, please review our Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (FASAP) policy and our Appeal Process.
Cost of Attendance
The cost of attendance for a student is an estimate of that student's educational expenses for the period of enrollment. The cost of attendance for summer is $4,000 (NC residents). Your federal aid (grants, loans) cannot exceed this cost. Remember, the cost of attendance is an estimate. Your actual summer tuition will partly depend on the number of credits for which you enroll.