You may visit our office in-person or reach us via email or telephone.
If you reach our voicemail, leave a message with your contact information and we will return your call as soon as possible. Please submit your Verification documents via our Financial Aid Office Drop Box
Complete the Correct FAFSA Application
Depending upon when you want to attend A-B Tech, visit our helpful FAFSA reference page to determine which FAFSA to complete.
May 15th: Priority Deadline Students who have received an Award Letter (Financial Aid Offer) for the summer semester by this date will have their classes held, pending spring term Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (FASAP) calculations. Review your Self-Service account for details. To increase the likelihood of this occurring, you are urged to submit all requested Verification documents to the Financial Aid Office on or before May 1st for processing. Appeal deadlines may differ
May 21st: Deadline to submit the FAFSA application and any requested Verification documents for the summer semester. Appeal deadlines may differ
Financial Aid Disbursement
- You will not receive a refund if the total of your financial aid disbursement(s) is less than your amount owed for tuition and fees.
- You may not receive a refund on the first scheduled disbursement if you are enrolled in the late start or minimester courses, which must meet the census before financial aid can be disbursed.
- Occurs on June 10th* and July 10th*
- If the 10th of the month is on a weekend, the scheduled disbursement will occur the prior Friday.
* For courses with May start dates, disbursement is June 10th
* For courses with June start dates, disbursement is July 10th
- June 10th* (provided that 6+ credit hours began in May)
- July 10th*
* Loans will be 50% June 10th and 50% July 10th, provided 6+ credit hours began in May
Bookstore Purchases with Financial Aid
- Approximately one week before full-term classes begin through the first week of the term.
- Please visit the A-B Tech Bookstore page for details on when you can make purchases with financial aid.
- May 21st: Deadline to complete all loan requirements.
Financial Aid Availability
After registering for classes, if you don't see a summer award in Self-Service by May 1st, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an update on the status of your financial aid.
Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (FASAP)
- To receive financial aid for the summer, you must be meeting FASAP.
- Your progress will be determined by May 15th. Log in to your Self-Service account to check your status.
- If you are not meeting FASAP, please do not begin your summer classes unless you are paying cash.
Appeals completed by noon on Friday will be reviewed by the end of business on Tuesday.
In order to submit an Appeal, you must have a current year FAFSA application on file with the college, and provide any requested Verification documents to the Financial Aid Office before, or at the time of, Appeal submission.
- April 1 – May 1: If your current suspension occurred prior to the latest Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress calculation, you may submit a FASAP Appeal Request for the summer semester during this timeframe.
- Appeals for the summer semester will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Appeals for the summer semester will be reviewed after the end of the spring semester after final grades have been posted.
- Before submitting an appeal, please review our Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (FASAP) policy and our Appeal Process.
Cost of Attendance
The cost of attendance for a student is an estimate of that student's educational expenses for the period of enrollment. The cost of attendance for summer is $4,000 (NC residents). Your federal aid (grants, loans) cannot exceed this cost. Remember, the cost of attendance is an estimate. Your actual summer tuition will partly depend on the number of credits for which you enroll.