STEP is a partnership between A-B Tech and Buncombe County DHHS. We are able to assist active FNS/SNAP participants in Buncombe County that are ages 16+ to reach their continuing education and employment goals.
STEP can help with:
- Working together to create a plan for how you can reach your education and employment goals.
- Paying for occupational skills courses, books, materials, uniforms, and some tests.
- Creating a resume, cover letter, interview skills, and employer connections at our STEP Career Resource Center (SCRC)
- Supportive services & referrals to resources that assist in removing educational and employment barriers.
- Help in navigating the college enrollment process.
- Is open to the public and located at 133 Livingston St. Asheville, NC 28801
- The SCRC is run by Cynthia Conboy, who has 20 years of experience providing employment assistance.
- The SCRC is open with limited hours due to COVID-19. Cynthia is available to assist you over-the-phone or online. (828) 239-3559 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shaneka Haynes – Coordinator
- Fabiola Cunningham – Education Navigator
- Christi Cortese – Education Navigator
- Cynthia Conboy – Instructor/Advisor
- Tracie Franklin: Income Maintenance Supervisor
- Dorinda Blankenship: Income Maintenance Caseworker