Visit the A-B Tech Asheville Campus and Our Other Campuses
- A-B Tech Asheville Campus - Bailey Student Services Building (#5 on the Campus Map): Monday - Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- A-B Tech Madison: Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Call (828) 398-7700 for an appointment)
- A-B Tech Woodfin: Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Call (828) 782-2355 for an appointment)
Visit the Coronavirus Response page for the most up-to-date information.
Complete the College application at the link below.
New Student Enrollment Checklist
The Checklist below will help guide you through the enrollment and registration process (select the documents to open them).
General Steps for Enrolling
Below are the general steps for enrolling as a new A-B Tech student. For personal assistance, don’t hesitate to email email@example.com, call (828) 398-7900, or visit the Enrollment Lab in the Bailey Student Services Building (#5 on the Campus Map). You may also make a virtual appointment by visiting Virtual Enrollment Lab Appointments.
- Apply to A-B Tech
- Complete the free online College Application through the College Foundation of North Carolina (CFNC). You may select your program of study on the application.
Complete your NC Residency Application. On the College Application, you will be prompted to visit NC Residency Determination Service to complete your residency application. This determines whether you are eligible for North Carolina in-state tuition rates. You will be assigned a Residency Certification Number (RCN), which you’ll enter on your college application. If you have been assigned an RCN already, enter that number on the application when prompted. For assistance with logging in to the residency site, call Residency Determination Service directly at (844) 319-3640.
Residency Determination Service (RDS) was established at the direction of the NC General Assembly in 2013 to provide a centralized, uniform process for determining residency. RDS is the authoritative source of residency determination for all educational entities in North Carolina.Paper Application: If you are unable to complete the Online College Application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a paper application.
What Happens Next? Once your college application has been processed, our Admissions Office will be contacting you via email in one to two business days to outline further enrollment steps.
- Request and Submit High School Transcript
Students who have graduated from a United States High School may be able to use their transcript for College Placement.
Students can send high school transcripts to the address below. Please remember that electronic transcripts must come directly from the institution and hard copies must be in a sealed, stamped envelope. A-B Tech can receive high school transcripts electronically at email@example.com or mailed hard copies can be sent to:
340 Victoria Road
Asheville, NC 28801
Please note: Students must have a valid high school diploma, adult high school diploma, or high school equivalency (HSE formerly GED) to be eligible for financial aid. The college confirms the validity of a student's high school completion using the relevant departments and agencies in the state in which the secondary school is located. The institution must be a secondary school recognized as a legitimate provider of secondary school education. Students will not be denied admission to A-B Tech but will not be eligible for financial aid until they have completed this requirement from a valid institution
- Apply for Financial Aid High school graduation or the equivalent from a valid institution is required for financial aid purposes.
- Complete New Student Orientation
(Students will not be required to complete New Student Orientation if they have obtained a degree (Associate’s degree or higher) or are a visiting student from another institution and this is included in the student application to the College. If the student did not correctly complete these questions on the application and has a degree, please provide an unofficial college transcript to the Admissions Office in the K. Ray Bailey Building on the Victoria Road Asheville campus and the waiver will be placed on the student record.)
- Complete Placement
- Considering a Different Academic Program?
- Meet With Your Advisor
- Register for Classes
Before registering for classes, you must complete the Payment Agreement.
- Pay for Tuition
- Enable Multifactor Authentication to Protect Your A-B Tech Accounts. The importance of this step is outlined in New Student Orientation. Complete this mandatory step at Account Security. Need Help? Contact the IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (828) 398-7550 for assistance.
A-B Tech is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA), which allows students from across the nation to enroll in distance education with the exception of students who reside in California and the Northern Mariana Islands. For more information, visit State Authorization and Complaint Resolution.