Students who have completed NUR courses at another college may be eligible for transfer into A- B Tech’s ADN program if space is available. Students transferring from another college or university nursing program to A-B Tech will only receive credit for “100” level coursework. All “200” level courses (NUR-211, 212 & 213) must be completed at A-B Tech.
The following are the requirements for possible “100” level course transfer credit:
- The student must have a TEAS score of at least 68, within the last 3 years.
- The student must have earned a grade of “C” or higher in a nursing course within the last year. Only the first attempt of a “NUR” course is counted.
- Students must successfully complete a written and skill-based competency for any NUR “100” level course(s) for which they wish to attain credit.
- If a student earned a grade of D, F, or W for more than one “NUR” course, they are not eligible for transfer.
If you would like the ADN Program Director to consider your NUR “100” level course(s) for transfer, please do the following:
- Email the ADN Program Director
- A scanned copy of your transcript, including all NUR course(s). (Unofficial transcripts are acceptable; however, the official transcript must be received in the admissions office prior to receiving credit.)
- A scanned copy of your TEAS scores of at least 68.
The ADN Program Director will review the submitted documents and notify the student of the next step for taking the course written and skills-based competencies the student is seeking transfer credit.
The ADN Program Director will make the final decision and notify the student of acceptance or denial to the ADN Nursing Program.