New Program Starting January 2021
Through A Partnership Between A-B Tech Community College And Bloom Fitness, the ABE Foundations program in the Transitional Studies department will offer classes to improve the health and wellness of our students.
Goals Of This Partnership
- To serve adults with low literacy and intellectual and developmental disabilities
- To offer safe in-person fitness programming for workforce and personal development
- To improve health and wellness, as well as social, safety, and behavioral skills appropriate in a pandemic
Classes Begin Jan. 11 And End On May 14
- Mondays and Wednesdays - 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Cycling, Dance, or Yoga
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:30 am – 10:00 am Food, Nutrition, and, Exercise
- Registration required with late enrollment options
Covid-19 Safety Precautions
- Temperature scans, masks/face shields required, routine sanitizing and hand-washing
- Spacing 7 feet (use of circular yoga mats for visual aides)
- Physician permission required of participants
Bloom Fitness at A-B Tech will provide a population, with limited access, a free fitness program, and training. Serving the participants with Respect, Integrity, and Support for Everyone in the spirit of R.I.S.E aligns with Bloom Fitness’ mission: “Lead with the heart, fitness follows.” When we support our students’ healthy development - they thrive. And as a result, this strengthens our community.
Bloom Fitness is a community around fitness and wellness that provides athletes with a feeling of belonging. The program offers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities an inviting and safe environment to exercise, learn about healthy lifestyle choices, and have social interaction.
To Enroll, Contact: