We offer affordable rates for lab space and equipment rental to our clients. The fees listed below are intended to help guide you in your business planning. The fees are evaluated periodically and are subject to change.
1. Cleaning Deposit - $100
After each rental session, clients are expected to clean all spaces, materials, equipment, or other resources used during their work. If not, cleanup will be billed at the rate of $100/hour. Clients are expected to maintain a $100 balance for the duration of the rental agreement.
2. Security Deposit - $250
This will be applied to any costs incurred due to misuse of the laboratory or accidental glassware breakage. The client will pay all damages caused by misuse beyond $250 at the time of repair or replacement. Clients are expected to maintain a $250 balance with the surplus being refunded upon request at the completion of the rental agreement.
3. Biohazard Cleaning Fee - $60
This fee is billed in addition to the cleaning deposit and is only charged to clients using the microbiology lab. It covers thorough disinfection of the microbiology lab and is billed for each week during which use occurs. Clients are still expected to perform basic cleanup of the workspace after each use.
4. Laboratory Rental and Basic Supply Fees
- $20 per hour Incubator Tenant
- $25 per hour Partnering Client
- $30 per hour Outside Business
This fee covers laboratory rental, basic supplies, and Tier 1 equipment use. Clients may also be subject to additional fees based upon the use of specific equipment as listed below. Clients are responsible for supplying all required consumables (chemicals, pipettes, media plates, etc.) and any resources that will leave the laboratory. All BioNetwork labware is to remain in the laboratory.
5. Storage of Materials
Small spaces may be rented for short-term storage of limited amounts of materials. Pricing is dependent upon the materials to be stored, duration, and specific storage conditions.
6. Laboratory Access
The laboratory is available Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. most weeks. Access to the laboratory may be denied or restricted at any time based on misuse of the facility or other concerns.
Clients are not allowed in the laboratory under the following conditions:
- Laboratory or College is closed.
- College is on an inclement weather schedule.
- Laboratory staff is unavailable for any reason.
- Laboratory scheduling software shows no appointments available.
All scheduling is handled using online appointment scheduling software. Laboratory time must be scheduled in advance. There will be no charge for cancellations with 24 hours or more notification or when inclement weather or other unexpected circumstances prevent access to the laboratory.
Appointment no-shows may be charged for the originally scheduled time.
7. Equipment Use
Standard equipment use fees are tiered in proportion to the laboratory rental and basic supplies fee. Use of equipment in Tier 1 is included in the applicable hourly rate (§4). Use of equipment in Tier 2 is billed in addition to the laboratory rental and basic supplies fee at the rate of 50% of the basic rental and supply rate per hour of equipment use. Please call for pricing and availability of other specialized equipment.
- Tier 1: Included in the base rental rate. Includes balances, reagent water, glassware, shakers, stirrers, and more. See the full BioNetwork Lab Equipment List.
- Tier 2: Additional 50% of the base rental rate per hour of use. Includes nitrogen evaporation and rotary evaporator.
- Tier 3: Additional 100% of the base rental rate per hour of use. Includes advanced analytical equipment, such as HPLC and GC. See the full BioNetwork Lab Equipment List.
The laboratory also has access to additional equipment for specific testing or for use in special projects. Please let us know the specifics of your testing need or special project and we’ll see how we can help.