Ask a librarian!
- Email an A-B Tech librarian - for help during regular Don C. Locke Library operating hours.
- Research Survivor Session - Need in-depth help with your research? Make a Research Survivor appointment with one of our librarians by calling (828) 398-7301 or use the email form above with your appointment request.
- Need help after regular library hours? Chat staff librarians can help you use the NC Live electronic resources via chat or email when the library is not open. Interact with the image below:
LibGuides - Try our Library Guides, created by Don C. Locke Library reference librarians to help guide you through various research resources by subject areas.
Evaluating a Website - Evaluation criteria for websites.
MERLOT Library - Online course materials, including animations, assignments, case studies, collections, and tutorials.
Need help with the works cited or references page for your research paper? Use these tools and guidelines to find out how to correctly cite many kinds of print and online resources in the format you need.
- The Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- How to Prepare an Annotated Bibliography from Olin Library Reference, Research & Learning Services, Cornell University Library
- A-B Tech Writing Center
Use these links to help you understand the difference between popular, trade/professional, and scholarly magazines.
Popular Literature vs. Scholarly Peer-reviewed literature: What's the difference? (Rutgers University Libraries)
Interlibrary Loan Service
If the Don C. Locke Library does not own the book or full-text article you need, current students and staff may request the material from another library using one of our online Interlibrary Loan forms. Some limits may apply. Details and the online forms are available from this Interlibrary Loan Guidelines link.