North Carolina Phi Beta Lambda held its State Leadership Conference online this past weekend, with A-B Tech winning several awards. Students David Peck and Bethany Duke qualified for Nationals, which will be held at the end of June.
Peck placed first in Macroeconomics and second in Financial Concepts. Duke won second in Organizational Behavior and Leadership and third in Retail Management. According to PBL Advisor Veronica Dooly, they were the only two to compete, and both qualified for nationals in both of their events.
Dooly and Advisor Marlene Frisbee were recognized for their 10 years of service to the organization. The chapter was also awarded fifth place for its Annual Business Report. It received a Legacy Leadership Award for excelling in programs and is a Gold Seal chapter for being one of the top 5-percent in the state.
To earn these awards the chapter participated in events and fundraisers throughout the year, including the following:
- Held virtual fundraiser for Eblen Charities Christmas Project
- Worked with ABCCM packing food and organizing clothing (ongoing project)
- Made donation to March of Dimes
- Participated in the Fall Leadership Development Experience – virtual conference
- Have the largest Professional Division membership in the Western Region of NC
- Held the Holiday Wreath sale
- Contributed to the Phi Beta Lambda scholarship fund
Photo cutlines - front left, Phi Beta Lambda members Kiva Jones-Wilmer, Bethany Duke, and David Peck, at ABCCM in February. They have been twice since then and are planning another for some time over the summer.