The Esthetics Technology curriculum provides competency-based knowledge, scientific/artistic principles, and hands-on fundamentals associated with the art of skin care. The curriculum provides a simulated salon environment that enables students to develop manipulative skills.
Coursework includes instruction in all phases of professional Esthetics Technology, business/human relations, product knowledge, and other related topics.
Graduates should be prepared to take the North Carolina Cosmetology Board Licensing Exam and upon passing be licensed and qualify for employment in beauty and cosmetic/skincare salons, as a platform artist, and in related businesses.
The Mountain Tech Spa, an on-campus spa facility, provides practical experience for Esthetics students under the direction of College faculty.
The Esthetics Technology program is approved by the:
North Carolina Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners
1207 Front Street, Suite 110
Raleigh, NC 27609
Specific Program Requirements
- General college admission requirements.
- Submission of proper documentation is required by the Spa Therapies and Operations Department and the NC Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners prior to class start. Required documentation includes Hepatitis B record, current government-issued photo ID showing date of birth, and social security card (or tax ID card or student visa information).
- Completion of required Hepatitis B vaccine. The first dose is to be completed by the first day of class. Second Hepatitis B vaccine is to be completed at least one month after the first dose. The third dose must be completed six months after the first.
- Esthetics Technology students must clock out when leaving the laboratory. To earn hours, students must be physically present in the laboratory.
- Students should be physically able to use esthetics technology equipment and safely use esthetics technology products with or without reasonable accommodations and be comfortable working directly with chemicals found in products used in the esthetics industry.
Courses requiring a grade of “C” or better: COS