Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College offers a diploma in Dental Assisting. It offers exciting career opportunities and is among the fastest-growing professions for today's career search. The dental field is a very rewarding job that allows you to become a part of Allied Health Care and serve in an area that helps people with dental health which is a part of your total health.
The A-B Tech Asheville Campus is located in the beautiful WNC Mountains of Asheville, North Carolina. You will not only be able to get the education you need, but you can also enjoy the culture of our area with many restaurants, shopping, outdoor adventures, or just simply settle in quietly while you are here.
It is our hope that you will find the answers needed to help you make good decisions about your education and career.
The Dental Assisting program has been granted the Accreditation Status of Approval Without Reporting Requirements by the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation. This status is awarded to an educational program indicating that the program achieves or exceeds the basic requirements for accreditation.
A copy of the Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting Accreditation Standards and CODA Policies and Procedures, including those for complaints, may be obtained online at American Dental Association (ADA); in writing at 211 East Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL 60611; or by calling (800) 621-8099.
NC Dental Board
CODA - A-B Tech Admissions Programs Technical Standards
Con Ed Dental Radiology Class
CE Dental Radiography and TBD for the times.
|Title||Credential||Credit Hours||Link to program details|
|Dental Assisting Diploma||Diploma||46|
Jean Overcash, RDH, BSDH
Allied Dental Office Manager/Clinical Coordinator
- Phone: (828) 398-7255
- Fax: (828) 236-0684 (fax)
- Email: email@example.com
- Mrs. Overcash holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Dental Hygiene from the Medical University of South Carolina.
Tisha Anderson, CDA, BHS
Dental Assisting Chair
- Phone: (828) 398-7256
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Anderson holds a Diploma in Dental Assisting from A-B Tech, DANB Certified Dental Assistant, and Bachelor in Health Science from Nova Southeastern University.
Brooke Hensley, CDA, BSBA
Kendall Bernier, DMD
- Email: email@example.com
Alex Jiamachello, DDS
- Dr. Callan White, General Dentist (Buncombe), 2015-2021
- Dr. Keith Black, Orthodontist (Buncombe), 2018-2021
- Rosalyn Wasserman, CE Planner at MAHEC, Unlimited
- Susan Riddle, Eblen Charities, Unlimited
- Shannon Igleheart, Patterson Dental Co., Unlimited
- Sarah Merrill CDA, Pediatric Dentistry, 2012-2021
- Megan Stone RDH, General Dentistry, 2015-2021
- Tracey Barnes RDH, General Dentistry, 2015-2021
- Chelsea Tolley CDA, Zoe Dental, 2018-2021
- Brooke Hensley, CDA, 2019-2021
Employment of dental assistants is projected to grow 7 percent from 2019 to 2029, faster than the average for all occupations. The demand for dental services will increase as the population ages and as research continues to link oral health to overall health.
2020 Median Pay:
$41,180 per year
$19.80 per hour
(Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)