Office Administration Overview
The Office Administration program offers students specific courses to help them prepare for a career to meet the demand of the job market.
- Statistics from the Bureau of Labor show there is a growing demand for office managers, administrative assistants, and secretaries. The median pay for these occupations is $37,000.
- The most recent computer technology and software programs are taught in the program.
- The degree program can be completed in two years.
- The diploma program can be completed in one year.
Faculty Quote: “Students graduating from this program have obtained employment in a variety of careers as office managers, administrative assistants, secretaries, and receptionists.”
|Title||Credential||Credit Hours||Link to program details|
|Office Administration: General Office A.A.S.||Degree||65|
|Office Administration: Finance A.A.S.||Degree||65|
|Office Management Certificate||Certificate||16|
|Word Processing/Desktop Publishing Certificate||Certificate||17|
|Office Administration Diploma||Diploma||44|
- Advent Health, Hendersonville
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
- Buchanan Construction
- Buncombe County Sheriff's Department
- Buncombe County School System
- Dental Office
- Haywood County School System
- Insurance Agencies
- Ken Wilson Ford
- Manufacturing plants