A-B Tech Spring 2023 Activities and Events
Open to all current curriculum students
Get involved in these upcoming events!
- Jan. 19 @ 12:30 p.m. — Cookie Decorating: Join the SGA for a creative snack break on the Beech Tree Deck.
- Jan. 25 - Feb. 10 - Reaffirm Your New Year's Intentions: Stop by the SGA office in the Coman Student Center to add your intentions to a giant window collage.
- Jan. 25 @ 3 p.m. — Trivia: Martin Luther King, Jr: Join SGA in testing your knowledge of the life and works of Dr. King. Ferguson 117
- Jan. 30 @ 2 p.m. — Movie Monday: Join the SGA in the Ferguson Auditorium for an afternoon movie break complete with popcorn.
- Feb. 8 @ 12:30 p.m. — Scholarship Workshop: Experts from the College Foundation and the Writing Center will share tips for success in how to make your scholarship application shine. Ferguson 112
- Feb. 14 @ 12 noon — Valentine Making: Celebrate the holiday by making a card for someone you care about! Join in for some sweet treats and a good conversation. Beech Tree Deck
- Feb. 16 @ 4 p.m. — Scholarship Workshop: Experts from the College Foundation and the Writing Center will share tips for success in how to make your scholarship application shine. Scholarship Workshop Zoom Link
- Feb. 20 @ 12:30 p.m. — Trivia: Black History Month: Join SGA in honoring Black History Month. Snacks and prizes are available. Ferguson 117
- Feb. 23 @ 12:15 p.m. — Dining Etiquette: A Lunch and Learn Experience: Learn how to skillfully navigate any formal dining experience. During this special lunch event, you'll not only enjoy outstanding food and service provided by the A-B Tech Hospitality Education programs, but you'll learn tips for success at any dining experience. Watch Trailblazer Talk for sign-up details.
- Feb. 24 @ 9 a.m. - 12 noon — A-B Tech Service Day: Manna Foodbank: Join fellow students in packaging food to be distributed across WNC. Watch Trailblazer Talk for sign-up details.
- Feb. 24 @ 2 p.m. — NSLS Speaker Rebroadcast with Mehdi Hasan: The National Society of Leadership and Success will host a rebroadcast of speaker Mehdi Hasan, an award-winning British American journalist. All students are welcome to participate via Zoom: NSLS Rebroadcast: Medhi Hasan Link
- March 3 @ 2 p.m. — NSLS Speaker Rebroadcast with Bozoma Saint John: The National Society of Leadership and Success will host a rebroadcast of speaker Bozoma Saint John, an American businesswoman, and influencer. All students are welcome to participate via Zoom: NSLS Rebroadcast: Bozoma Saint John Link
- March 14 @ 3:30 p.m. — Scholarship Workshop: Experts from the College Foundation and the Writing Center will share tips for success in how to make your scholarship application shine. Scholarship Workshop Zoom Link
- March 17 @ 2 p.m. — NSLS Speaker Rebroadcast of Daymond John: The National Society of Leadership and Success will host a rebroadcast of speaker Daymond John, global lifestyle brand creator, and Shark Tank star. All students are welcome to participate via Zoom: NSLS Broadcast: Daymond John Link
- March 22 @ 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. — The Postcard Project: An Art Break with a Cause: Join us for an art break as we craft postcards of inspiration for those experiencing sexual or domestic violence in our community. Helpmate and Our Voice will deliver the postcards to those receiving support services. Art supplies and snacks will be provided. Beech Tree Deck at the Coman Student Center.
- March 22 @ 1:30 p.m. — Gameshow Trivia: Women's History Month: Join SGA in honoring Women's History Month. Snacks and prizes are available. Ferguson Building, Room 117
- March 28 @ 2:00 p.m. — Women's History Month Film Screening of Hidden Figures: Join the SGA in the Ferguson Auditorium for an afternoon movie break complete with snacks.
- April 13 @ 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. — Red Cross Blood Drive: Share the gift of life by becoming a donor. Coman Student Center Gym
- April 19 @ 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. — Earth Day Festival: Join the SGA around the Beech Tree Deck at the Coman Student Center for food, music, environment booths, and more. Student ID required.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Student Government Association (SGA) Meetings
Find out what’s happening around campus and get involved in creating positive change! Meetings are held every other Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. in Ferguson 117. Follow Trailblazer Talk or contact the SGA office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Student Health Clinic
A-B Tech’s on-campus student/employee health clinic is open every Tuesday from 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. and is located in the Ferguson Center for Allied Health and Workforce Development, Student Clinic. Students (18 years of age or older) and employees may visit the on-campus health clinic.
Services include treatment for aches and pains; blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol evaluations; prescriptions; minor emergencies; medical questions; and cold, flu, and virus care. The cost is $10 per 15-minute visit for students (with student ID). All patients will be seen on a walk-in basis. To make an appointment, call (828) 398-7570 or email email@example.com.
Clubs and Societies
Want to get involved with a student organization? A-B Tech has over 18 student clubs and societies of all varieties. You might even have an idea for a student organization that we don’t currently have on campus. If so, drop by our Student Government office in the Coman Student Activity Center and speak with an SGA officer. We are always open to new ideas and will help you find a leadership role that is perfect for you. See a full list of current clubs and societies on campus, as well as contact information at Clubs, Societies, and Student Programs.
Smith-McDowell House Museum
Connect to your community! Did you know you have access to a historic museum, right here on campus? The Smith-McDowell House Museum, Asheville’s very first mansion, is open Wednesday through Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and Sunday from 12:00 noon - 4:00 p.m.
Completing your program this year?
If you will be completing your program (degree, diploma, certificate) this year, you must complete an Application for Program Completion. You can obtain an Application for Program Completion form in the K. Ray Bailey Student Services Building or at Graduation.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.