What is Lavender?
The Lavender Fund Scholarship is a highly successful, year-long scholarship and support program for single parents attending A-B Tech.
What kind of support?
In addition to scholarship dollars to help with school and living expenses, students chosen for the Lavender Fund Scholarship program will receive ongoing support throughout the year.
- A $2,000 scholarship ($1,000 fall/ $1,000 spring) plus summer tuition assistance if needed.
- A dedicated Support Advisor to provide tips, information, encouragement, assistance, and support.
- Regular emails and news highlighting resources in the community and at the college.
- One-on-one attention, advocacy, and support for unexpected situations.
Who is eligible?
45 Students are chosen annually for the Lavender program. To be eligible, you must:
- Be enrolled in a curriculum program, seeking a certificate, diploma, or degree
- Maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Be enrolled in at least 8 credit hours each semester
- Be a single parent with primary custody of at least one child under 18 years of age*
How do I apply?
Lavender is a year-long program, supporting selected students from August through July each year.
The application process begins several months in advance.
- January - April: Online application opens on A-B Tech's website.
- April - May: Application review
- June: Recipient awards announced
- August - July: Selected students receive funding and support
For more information, contact: