Fly Your Future with A-B Tech!
Join A-B Tech Aviation at the premiere of Top Gun Maverick! Learn how to apply for Fall 2022 admission and enter a raffle for free tickets.
- What: A-B Tech Aviation at Top Gun Maverick Premiere
- When: Friday, May 27, 3-6 p.m.
- Where: The newly renovated AMC River Hills 10 Theater (next to Target)
A-B Tech and our certified flight-training partner, WNC Aviation, prepare students for a variety of aviation and aviation-related careers with commercial airlines, general aviation, the aerospace industry, the military, or state and federal aviation organizations.
Learn the fundamentals of flight, aerodynamics, aircraft performance, meteorology, navigation, federal regulations, aviation management, and instrument and commercial ground training. Optional coursework includes flight training or business management training.
Coursework includes fundamentals of flight, aerodynamics, aircraft performance, meteorology, navigation, federal regulations, aviation management, and instrument and commercial ground training. Course options include flight training or business management training.
Graduates of the A-B Tech Aviation Career Pilot pathway who hold a commercial pilot certificate (license) can qualify for the Restricted Airline Transport Pilot Certificate (R-ATP) which allows them to become airline pilots with reduced flight hours. This is the only opportunity of this kind in the Carolinas.
Financial aid, scholarships, and the GI Bill are available to help qualified students cover tuition and costs.
Visit the Bailey Building today on the Asheville campus to learn more or contact the Department at (828) 782-2626 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter.
|Title||Credential||Credit Hours||Link to program details|
|Aviation Management Pathway A.A.S.||Degree||67|||
|Career Pilot Technology Pathway A.A.S.||Degree||67|||
|Instrument Rating Certificate||Certificate||14|||
|Private Pilot Certificate||Certificate||12|||
- Career Pilot Technology graduates receive a commercial pilot certificate with an instrument rating and are qualified for jobs as commercial, corporate and military pilots.
- Aviation Management graduates are prepared for jobs as airport managers, fixed-base operators, flight instructors, flight dispatchers, and more.
- Post-9/11 G.I. Bill will cover flight costs associated with the instrument rating and commercial pilot certificate (license).
- Only R-ATP school in North and South Carolina and one of 12 in the Southeast. Our graduates earn a pilot job with fewer hours than any other school in the Carolinas (1,250 hours versus 1,500 hours for all other students across the Carolinas).