NCWorks Career Center - Madison
A-B Tech Madison
4646 US Hwy. 25-70
Marshall, NC 28753
Stacy Peek, Coordinator
- Email: email@example.com
Ginger Heskett, Office Greeter
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective March 23 and until further notice, staff will be working remotely from home due to COVID-19.
For assistance from the NC Works Career Center at Madison, please call (828) 772-0864 or email email@example.com. Stacy Peek and Ginger Heskett are available to assist you remotely. To apply for unemployment benefits, the most efficient method is online by visiting North Carolina Division Of Employment Security; you may also call (888) 737-0259. To register for work, please visit NCWorks.
We wish you well and ask that you please exercise patience during this unprecedented event. Thank you.
Your One-Stop Job & Career Center
Conveniently located at A-B Tech Madison, the NCWorks Career Center offers Job Seekers, Training Seekers, and Employers access to a variety of employment and training resources. All of these services are provided through the Mountain Area Workforce Development Board and are available to our customers at no charge.
How Can We Help You?
- Local & Internet Job Listings
- On-site Employer Referrals
- Assistance with Resume & Cover Letter Preparation
- Coaching on Interviewing Skills
- Job Seeking Skills Workshops
- Individual & Group Career Guidance
- Access Up-To-Date Online Career Information
- Career Assessment
- Basic Computer Skills Classes Offered Through Partnership with A-B Tech
- GED/HSE Classes Offered Through Partnership with A-B Tech
- Dislocated Workers and Customers Completing Core & Intensive Services May Be Eligible for Financial Assistance for Short Term Training
Computer Resource Center
- Free Access to Computers For Job Search & Employment-related Activities
- Access to Career Ready 101 Online Skills Software
- Library of Helpful Books and Resources on Job Seeking and Job Keeping Skills
The NCWorks Career Center is a partnership between a number of agencies providing employment and training programs and services:
- A-B Tech
- Community Action Opportunities
- Madison County DSS
- Madison County Public Library
- Madison County Smart Start
- NC Division of Workforce Solutions
- NC Vocational Rehabilitation
- NC Services for the Blind
- SHIIP Counseling (to schedule an appointment to meet with SHIIP counselor, call (828) 398-7700)
Our goal is to provide all the job-seeking and career planning resources you need in a single location.
Check us out on Facebook at NCWorks Career Center.