If you have not received a response from the library within 48 hours of your request, please contact Peggy Higgins by phone at (828) 398-7302 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Distance Learning and Off-Site Curriculum Students
Current A-B Tech students taking curriculum courses only online or at an off-site location such as A-B Tech Enka, A-B Tech Madison, or A-B Tech Woodfin may apply for an off-site library card from Don C. Locke Library by submitting the form below. We will notify you by phone or email when your off-site library card is ready to be used.
- You may borrow Up to three (3) books at a time from our collection via mail with a distance learning or off-site student library card. Use our online Library catalog to search for books. *Note: this does not include books that are on Reserve.
- Media does not circulate through the mail due to shortened loan periods.
- After selecting book(s) for check-out from our catalog, fill out the form below and submit it by email.
- Up to 3 books will be mailed for a two-week checkout period. We will add ten days to this time to allow for the books to be received and returned.
- The books may be renewed once if there are no other requests for them. You can renew the books online using the Renew Items link on our web page.
- We will include a postage-paid mailing label that can be used to send books back to the library.
- Overdue fees are 25 cents per day with a maximum fine of $10.00 per book. The charge for lost books is the replacement cost plus a $10.00 processing fee.
- If we do not have the book in our catalog, please call (828) 398-7301 and ask to speak to one of our reference librarians for other options. You may also email us using our Ask-a-Librarian or Interlibrary Loan forms.