A-B Tech is a participant in the Safe Zone program, which seeks to create a climate of safety for all members of the College community. When you see the Safe Zone symbol, you will find an individual who is empathetic and informed about lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning, intersex, and asexual (LGBTQIA+) issues and who is willing and able to provide support and information.
Safe Zone Locations
Preferred First Names
Questions? Contact Us! Safe Zone Committee Members:
- Elisabeth Green Geyer (Chair) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laura Haire – email@example.com
- Michele Hathcock – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ron Layne – email@example.com
- Marshay Proctor-Bates – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Darryl Rhymes – email@example.com
- Kenna Sommer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Organization: Queer the Way
Queer the Way society was formed to develop community among A-B Tech students to provide a positive atmosphere and influence for LGBTQIA+ students and allies. The society encourages networking, education, and awareness to promote healthy relationships and general wellbeing. For more information, contact Porscha Orndorf at email@example.com.