Employees and students will use the same workflow to opt-in for emergency alert messages.
1. Log in to Self Service. Navigate to User Options in the left navigation bar and select User Profile.
2. Scroll down and add your cell phone number which should receive the emergency alert messages to the list of phone numbers.
- a. Click the ‘Add New Phone’ button just above the list of phone numbers.
- b. Enter your cell phone number in the ‘Enter Phone Details’ dialog box. Be sure to include the area code. Select the ‘Emergency Alert Messages’ phone type from the Type drop down menu.
- c. If your cell phone number is already included in the list of phone numbers with a different phone type, just add it again so you can assign the ‘Emergency Alert Messages’ phone type.
3. If you later decide to use a different phone number to receive emergency alerts, edit the phone number by clicking the pencil and change the phone number as needed.
4. If you later wish to opt-out of receiving emergency alerts, click the small ‘x’ at the end of the Emergency Alert Message line. This will remove the phone number and phone type.
5. All of these changes take effect the next time the Regroup upload cycles, at 5:00 the following morning.