Name and Address Change

Name Change

To make a name change, students must submit a Change of Vital Data form to the Information Desk in the Bailey Building or the A-B Tech Madison. The form and required documentation can also be faxed to (828) 281-9889, Attention Records, and Registration. Download Change of Vital Data form.

Along with the form, students must also provide legal documentation of the name and a picture ID. Acceptable documentation of a name change includes two of the following: a social security card (which is preferred), a marriage license, a court document, or a passport.

This process is the same for curriculum and Continuing Education students.


Student Email Address/Username Change

After submitting a Change of Vital Data form, the IT Department will automatically update the Student Email address and WebAdvisor/Moodle username.

For most students, changing a Student Email address/username can only occur between semesters; email addresses and usernames will not be changed until after a semester has finished. If your Student Email address or username is not changed between semesters, please contact the IT Helpdesk at or (828) 398-7550.

For students who don't use Moodle (such as Continuing Education students), changing the Student Email address (if applicable) and username may occur at any time.


Mailing Address and Personal Email Address Change

Mailing address changes and changes to any personal email addresses on file with the College must be made online through WebAdvisor. After logging in to WebAdvisor, select "Curriculum Students," then "Verify/Change My Contact Information" under the "User Account" heading, and update your information. Be sure to select "Submit" to save your changes.


Submitted by a Family Member

A family member may submit a Change of Vital Data form, as long as they have the required documentation for the student, as well as the form signed by the student.