The Career and College Promise College Transfer Pathways provide students with course options that are Universal General Education Transfer Courses. This means each course will transfer directly to all 16 University of North Carolina institutions, and many of the state's private colleges. All Courses in the transfer pathways carry AP level weight as high school courses.
There are six transfer pathways:
- Associate of Arts CCP Pathway
- Associate of Engineering CCP Pathway
- Associate of Fine Arts CCP Pathway
- Associate of Science CCP Pathway
- Associate of Science in Teacher Prep CCP Pathway
- Associate of Arts in Teacher Prep CCP Pathway
The pathways are very similar and are composed entirely of transferable classes in English, Humanities, Social Science, Mathematics, and Natural Science. The Engineering pathway has additional courses beyond general education, tailored to University Engineering program pre-requisites. These courses provide the student with a solid, pre-major background. To see the course selections that are available under the transfer pathways, visit the links above for Arts, Engineering, or Science pathway.
Admissions Requirements for Career-Technical Pathways
To enroll in the Career and College Promise Career-Technical programs …
You must meet the following criteria:
- Be a high school junior or senior
- Have an unweighted GPA of 2.8 in high school courses or
- Demonstrate college readiness on an assessment or placement test in English, reading, and mathematics. A student must meet or exceed benchmark scores on one of a number of assessment or placement tests (See the chart below). Scores from the different tests may be mixed meet the benchmark in each of the three areas. Students who don't have test scores with these benchmarks may take the RISE test offered at A-B Tech to also see if they qualify. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about scheduling a RISE test at A-B Tech. Students may also take the RISE at another college. For more information about taking the RISE at another college, please contact Distance Advising at email@example.com.
|Test||PSAT||SAT||Pre-ACT & ACT||RISE Placement||Advanced Placement|
|English||26 / 460||480||18||75 or higher on Tier 1 and Tier 2|
|Mathematics||24.5 / 510||530||22||75 or higher on Tier 1 and Tier 2 and Tier 3|
|English, Language Comp||3 or higher|
|English, Lit, and Comp||3 or higher|
|Calculus AB||3 or higher|
|Calculus BC||3 or higher|
To remain enrolled in the Career and College Promise Career-Technical program…
- Continue to make progress towards your high school graduation requirements
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA in college coursework after completing two courses
- A student who falls below a 2.0 GPA after completing two college courses will be subject to the College’s Standards for Academic Progress policy.
Other important information…
- A student may only enroll in two career-technical pathways at a time, or one career-technical and one transfer pathway simultaneously.
- Students may not substitute courses in one program for courses in another.
- Between semesters, a student may change to another program of study with the written approval of the high school principal or designee and the College’s Chief Student Development Administrator.
- Courses do not have to be taken in the order listed on the pathway curriculum list; however, some courses are sequential as noted in the college catalog.
- Students are under no obligation to complete the entire program of study, but it is highly encouraged!
Please speak with your high school guidance counselor if you are unsure if you qualify for a career-technical program, or to register for college classes that fit with your high school schedule. If you are a Homeschool Student, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Why wait any longer? Fill out an application below to start your Career and College Promise experience now!