The following guidelines pertain to one-on-one support persons requested by students registered with Support Services and listed on a letter of accommodation.
- Will solely support and assist the A-B Tech student who has requested and is eligible for one-on-one support as an accommodation.
- Will use the A-B Tech Code of Student Conduct as a guide with the students they serve.
- Although not a student, one-on-one persons must also follow the Code of Student Conduct as well as any classroom rules and expectations as set forth in the course syllabus.
- If one-on-one persons work for an outside agency, they need to fulfill the responsibilities of their role as required by their agency.
The role of a one-on-one person does not include the following:
- Assisting the instructor as a teaching assistant.
- Participating in class discussions or activities as if they are a student. If clarification is needed for the sake of the student they are supporting, please check with the instructor in advance how best to do that within the structure of the class.
For questions, concerns, or clarification of these guidelines or
case-by-case resolution of conflicts, please contact Support Services.