- Log in to the Writing Center’s calendar and select “Online Tutoring” either on the log-in page or from the dropdown menu at the top of the calendar after signing in.
- Click on an open submission time, which will be shown in white. Submission times in other colors have already been booked or are otherwise unavailable. Please be mindful of your assignment’s deadline when selecting a submission time. The Writing Center recommends booking a submission time that falls at least 72 hours ahead of your deadline to give yourself adequate time to make revisions based on your tutor’s feedback.
- Once you have clicked on your submission time, an appointment form will open. Fill out the required information about your assignment.
At the bottom of your form, you will attach two materials: your most recent draft as a Word document and your assignment prompt as either a Word or PDF file.
Your tutor cannot provide you with feedback if they do not have these documents.
- Once all required materials have been added to your form, click “Create Appointment.” When your tutor has drafted feedback, you will receive an email notification with your feedback attached. Feedback will arrive within 24-48 hours of your submission window. For example, a paper submitted in a 12:00 noon slot on Monday would receive feedback by 12:00 noon on Wednesday.
- Optional Text-Only Display: students who find the calendar view confusing can schedule appointments via a text-only “Appointment Search.” To utilize this option, select “Appointment Search” in the upper right corner of the calendar.
- Under the “Find an Appointment” pane, enter your preferences for appointment date, time, and meeting type, and then click “Find Appointments.”
- Appointments that match (or nearly match) your criteria will be displayed. Click “Reserve” on your preferred appointment and fill out the appointment form. Select “Create Appointment” when you are finished.