The Office of Sponsored Programs within College Advancement at A-B Tech provides leadership and support in securing external grant funding for College programs and initiatives and provides technical assistance to the Institutional Review Board. The types of external funding secured by this office include local, state and federal competitive, discretionary grants.
Individual students seeking grant support for their education should contact the Office of Financial Aid.
A request should be submitted to the Office of Sponsored Programs through the Track IT work order system:
- If an employee has a project idea that needs funding and the employee does not know where to begin;
- If an employee knows of a specific grant, contract or special appropriation and wants to write and submit the proposal on their own or to request help in writing and submitting the proposal;
- If an employee has been asked if the College would agree to be a part of a partnership grant, contract or special appropriation request; and,
- If an employee has been asked to offer a letter of support for a grant, contract or special appropriation request.
The Sponsored Programs Office will review the request and will seek additional information and clarification if needed.
- For projects of $50,000 or less, the Sponsored Programs Office will approve or decline the request. If approved, the employee will prepare the application package or letter of support in most cases – with the Sponsored Programs Office providing technical assistance. Once complete, the application or letter must be reviewed and approved by the Sponsored Programs Office prior to submission.
- For projects of $50,000 or more, the Sponsored Programs Office will present the request with a recommendation to the Executive Leadership Team. The Executive Leadership Team will approve or decline the request. If a submission is approved, the Sponsored Programs Office will prepare the application in most cases. If a partnership submission or letter of support is approved, the Sponsored Programs Office may work with the employee to prepare the necessary documents.