You can access NCLIVE resources and our other subscription databases from off-campus with a single, personal login.
Your individual login for all these resources is:
- user name = your last name
- password = your 7-digit College ID number.
- (For faculty/staff this number is the same as your employee ID number, found on your pay stub.)
Tips for off-campus access:
- You must be a currently enrolled A-B Tech curriculum student or currently active A-B Tech staff or faculty member.
- Your College ID may have leading zeros. Your password must have 7 digits so if your college ID appears to have less than 7 digits you must enter 0's at the beginning. Example: If your College ID = 12345, the correct password = 0012345, NOT password = 12345 .
- You must connect to the resource or database through its link in the library catalog, on the library web page, or in one of the library research guides. If you enter the URL directly into the address bar of your browser, your personal login will not work.
- This method of access uses temporary cookies in your browser. If your user name and password are accepted but you cannot connect to a database, you may need to adjust the setting for cookies in your browser.
- If your last name and college ID are not accepted, contact the library (828) 398-7301 during open hours for help.
Off-Campus Access to STAT!Ref Emailed eBook Documents
Email links sent from a STAT!Ref database requires modification before you will be able to access the eBook excerpt from off-campus. Unlike most of our databases, STAT!Ref does not automatically add in the library's proxy server URL to the emailed document URL. You must do this yourself to be able to access the material from off-campus. Here's how:
- Open the STAT!Ref email message you sent and copy the document URL.
- Open a new window or tab in your browser and paste this document URL in the address/URL bar.
- Copy the library proxy's server URL: http://lrc-proxy.abtech.edu/login?url= and paste it in front of the document URL. There should be no spaces between the two URLs. It will look like this: https://lrc-proxy.abtech.edu/login?url=http://online.statref.com/document.aspx?fxid=92&docid=501.
The new link will route you to the library's proxy server sign on-page. Fill in your last name and 7-digit college ID number, and you will be taken to the document.