The Career and College Promise Career-Technical (CTE) pathways are designed to give motivated high school students a jump start, developing career-focused skills by completing a certificate or diploma while still enrolled in high school.
A-B Tech currently offers 30 CTE pathways created to help you get a head start on a great career. Navigate through the links below to find out more about programs where you can earn college credits toward a job credential, certificate or diploma in a technical career:
- Accounting Certificate
- Allied Health- Introduction to Allied Health Certificate
- Aviation Technology- Introduction to Aviation Management Certificate
- Aviation Technology- Introduction to Private Pilot Certificate
- Automotive Systems Technology- Certificate I
- Automotive Systems Technology- Certificate II
- Automotive Systems Technology- Diploma
- Business Administration Diploma
- Computer Aided Drafting Certificate
- Computer-Integrated Machining Certificate
- Computer-Integrated Machining Diploma
- Criminal Justice- Introduction to Criminal Justice Certificate
- Culinary Arts- Introduction to Culinary Arts Technology Certificate
- Diesel and Heavy Equipment- Certificate
- Diesel and Heavy Equipment- Diploma
- Early Childhood Certificate
- Electrical Systems- Electrical Wiring Certificate
- Fire Protection- Introduction to Fire Protection Certificate
- Health and Fitness Science- Introduction to Health and Fitness Science Certificate
- Hospitality Management- Introduction to Hospitality Management Certificate
- Human Services- Introduction to Human Services Studies Certificate
- Information Technology- Computer Basics Certificate
- Information Technology- Database Management Certificate
- Manicuring and Nail Technology Certificate
- Manufacturing and Maintenance Engineering Certificate
- Medical Assisting- Introduction to Medical Assisting Certificate
- Nurse Aide
- Pharmacy Technology- Introduction to Pharmacy Technology Certificate
- Sustainability- Introduction to Sustainability Technology Certificate
- Welding Certificate
Some pathways required benchmark testing for the program and specific course completion. Get started on your career pathway today by filling out an application for admission for the Career and College promise program and select your pathway or pathways of choice! You can participate in up to two Career Technical tracks at one time or you may enroll in a CTE pathway and a Transfer pathway.
- Be a high school Junior or Senior
- Have an unweighted GPA of 2.8 or higher
* Most CTE pathways do not require test score placement like the Transfer pathway, however, some do. Please contact us by email at email@example.com or for more information or to set up an advising appointment.
To enroll in the Career and College Promise Career-Technical programs:
You must meet the following criteria:
- Be a high school junior or senior
- Have an unweighted GPA of 2.8 in high school courses or
- Demonstrate college readiness on an assessment or placement test in English, reading, and mathematics. A student must meet or exceed benchmark scores on one of a number of assessment or placement tests (See the chart below). Scores from the different tests may be mixed meet the benchmark in each of the three areas. Students who don't have test scores with these benchmarks may take the RISE test offered at A-B Tech to also see if they qualify. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about scheduling a RISE test at A-B Tech. Students may also take the RISE at another college. For more information about taking the RISE at another college, please contact Student Advising at email@example.com.
|Test||PSAT||SAT||Pre-ACT & ACT||RISE Placement||Advanced Placement|
|English||26 / 460||480||18||75 or higher on Tier 1 and Tier 2|
|Mathematics||24.5 / 510||530||22||75 or higher on Tier 1 and Tier 2 and Tier 3|
|English, Language Comp||3 or higher|
|English, Lit, and Comp||3 or higher|
|Calculus AB||3 or higher|
|Calculus BC||3 or higher|
To remain enrolled in the Career and College Promise Career-Technical program…
- Continue to make progress towards your high school graduation requirements
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA in college coursework after completing two courses
- A student who falls below a 2.0 GPA after completing two college courses will be subject to the College’s Standards for Academic Progress policy.
Other important information…
- A student may only enroll in two career-technical pathways at a time, or one career-technical and one transfer pathway simultaneously.
- Students may not substitute courses in one program for courses in another.
- Between semesters, a student may change to another program of study with the written approval of the high school principal or designee and the College’s Chief Student Development Administrator.
- Courses do not have to be taken in the order listed on the pathway curriculum list; however, some courses are sequential as noted in the college catalog.
- Students are under no obligation to complete the entire program of study, but it is highly encouraged!
Please speak with your high school guidance counselor if you are unsure if you qualify for a career-technical program, or to register for college classes that fit with your high school schedule. If you are a Homeschool Student, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Why wait any longer? Fill out an application below to start your Career and College Promise experience now!